Morphing Through Time

Welcome to Global Vegan Kitchen Blog! 

This blog was formerly Delicious Plant-Based Vegan but I decided to change it. After that I changed to Eat the Rainbow so colorful as my cooking... that's the way I like to eat. Lately, I thought the best title should be Global Vegan Kitchen 'cause I cook dishes from several cuisines.

I love and enjoy cooking for my family. My vegan journey started around 30 years ago when I became a vegetarian. With the course of the years, I changed my lifestyle improving ingredients and avoiding animal products from the vegetarian diet to a vegan one.


Actually, I can call it a vegan lifestyle, which also has a connotation or philosophy. This includes environment care and animal rights.


When my blog was named
Delicious Plant-Based Vegan I wanted to learn about the difference between the word Plant-Based, which differs a little bit with vegan, made me think about what I eat and decided to change my Delicious Vegan blog for Delicious Plant Based Vegan. 

See the difference from Happy Herbivore site:

What's a Plant-Based Diet? (The Difference Between "Plant-Based" and "Vegan")

Chloe Coscarelli has also a good article about Plant-Based vs. Vegan.

Besides, the UC Davis Integrative Medicine has The Great Vegan vs. Plant-Based Debate



One of the first changes in my life was to include more fiber in my diet. I started to use whole grains, especially whole wheat flour for bread and pizzas. Little by little I incorporated this for baking cookies and cakes.

So first of all, I always use whole wheat flour for my desserts. I don't use sugar, butter, milk or eggs when baking. I substitute them for banana, applesauce, non-dairy milk and canola oil. If necessary, vegan butter or vegan cheese are used in recipes. Also, I try to use organic ingredients when available.


I don't think there is a need of animal protein. It is proven plant based diet provides a good source of it and is optimal for good health. So vegetables, fruits, nuts, seeds and whole grains give us all the nutrients our body needs.

Most of my cooking is from scratch. Since I have the time to do it, I take advantage making it. Processed food is known for having additives, preservatives, colorants, and many chemicals that harm our health.

I also gave up salt in my cooking. My taste adapted to natural flavors without it. I use many spices that boost my cooking instead.

People who follows traditional Western diet will find my cooking bland or tart. I have adjusted my palate to enjoy it without any trouble. People who are vegan will enjoy it as well.

I totally agree with what Hippocrates said, 
“Let food be thy medicine and medicine be thy food”