Prune bread

I have never thought I could bake a bread totally vegan! Well, after a few tries, I got it!

Using some ingredients I had at home, I decided to make a prune bread from a baking cookbook. The result was delicious! 

Here is my version of the original recipe:

Ingredients:
  • 2 cups whole wheat flour
  • 1 cup oat flour
  • 1/2 cup almond milk
  • 1 tbsp yeast
  • 2 cups prunes, soaked for 30 minutes
  • 1 cup walnuts, chopped
  • 2 bananas
  • 1 apple or 1 cup applesauce
  • 2 tbsp canola oil
  • 1 orange, peel and juice
 Directions:

Preheat the oven to 350°F.
Let the yeast rise with the almond milk until it foams in warm room temperature. 
In the meantime, mix both flours with walnuts in a large bowl and all wet ingredients in a medium bowl. Mix them both.
When the yeast is ready, add it to the previous mix adjusting flour and milk. 
Pour the mix in a lightly oiled tube baking pan because the ending product looks lovely. 

Bake for around one hour or until a toothpick comes clean.

Enjoy!

Prune bread