Vegan torta

I wanted to go to a restaurant and was looking for something vegan in the menu. 

Amadeus Restaurant had a vegan torta in their dinner menu.I had no idea what a torta was! Looking online, I found it looked similar to a filling for a sandwich. 

Amadeus listed this: 

Vegan torta: A crisp potato cake topped with grilled seasonal vegetables and a scoop of our famous hummus.

When I was there, I was surprised to find such delicious dish full of veggies, hummus, and a avocado on top.

So I decided to make it myself. I started buying organic hash brown potatoes that I cooked in a ceramic pan. I used another pan to cook onions, peppers, mushrooms, and green onions. After that, I assembled the veggies on top of the potatoes, adding homemade hummus and avocado on top... so easy and delicious! No recipe needed :)

Torta means cake in Spanish language, a sweet dish. Mexican cuisine has a savory dish called Torta but it's quite different from this one. It looks like a sandwich. So I was confused... until Wikipedia gave me some tips about the origin, "Torta was a work of Spanish influence in the Philippines. The Spanish are fond of using garlic, onion, and tomato, all of which can be used in torta." 

That's why this dish is in the Spain section!

Vegan torta

Serves: 2